Amr Diab seeks “Fame” as an actor
Egyptian hottie Amr Diab has given the green light to star in a new drama next Ramadan. It’s been 20 years since the dreamy songster has done any acting outside of his music videos, but we can bet he’s still got it.
The "Tonight" hit maker has given his initial approval to be cast in the show “Al Shuhra” (Fame) to be aired in next year’s holy month.
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, the show’s writer Midhat Al Adel revealed that he will be returning to Cairo in the coming week to begin special preparations with Amr Diab and the producing company 'Sirji'.
The drama revolves around the music world and the obstacles stars face as they rise to fame.
A press conference is scheduled soon to announce deets on the drama scheduled to be filmed at the beginning of the new year.
- Bushra bashes rumor that she was nixed from Amr Diab's "Fame" cast
- A Girl’s Gotta Do What a Girl’s Gotta Do! Amel Bouchoucha turns down "Fame" with Amr Diab
- Amr Diab still plans to smoke up the silver screen, don't believe the rumors
- Amr Diab shows us how it's done with TEN new songs for his upcoming TV drama "Fame"
- Egyptian actor Ahmed Al Fishawy stars in "Out of Order" with Amr Diab's ex wife