Anything you can do I can do better! Amr Diab records songs for his own TV series
Amr Diab didn't need anyone else to record songs for his upcoming TV drama "Al Shuhra" (Fame), simply because he rocks!
The Egyptian singer recorded eight singles to feature in the drama, which will apparently be a "big surprise" for the star's fans in Egypt and the Arab world, according to the show's producer Tamer Mursi.
A number of celebs have already been hired to star in the series, including Egyptian actor Izzat Abu Ouf, Edward, Ahmad Fahmy, Tamer Abdel Monen, Mohammad Lutfi and Syrian actor Bassem Yakhour.
The drama is set to air in Ramadan 2015, and Mursi has chosen Egyptian director Rami Imam to direct the production.
According to Laha Magazine, rehearsals will kick off early October so that filming can begin at the end of the same month.
- A Girl’s Gotta Do What a Girl’s Gotta Do! Amel Bouchoucha turns down "Fame" with Amr Diab
- Amr Diab still plans to smoke up the silver screen, don't believe the rumors
- Not-so-nice fans make fun of Hussein Fahmy and his blind sixth wife
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Amr Diab in a Ramadan drama series