Will you pretty please watch Amr Waked? "The People of Alexandria" is worth seeing, he says
The recent political remarks made by Egyptian actor Amro Waked, which many had opposed, have negatively impacted his latest television drama “Ahil Iskandaria” (the People of Alexandria). A number of campaigns surfaced on Facebook calling to boycott the drama, but Amro asked his fans to watch the drama because it is a very unique one that deserves to be seen during Ramadan.
According to Laha Magazine, Amro also began tweeting on his account saying, “Who will watch the drama “Ahel Iskandaria” in Ramadan? I will be happy to know your feedback and will answer all your questions episode by episode.”
The shock came to Amro when a decision was made to ban the drama from being aired because it criticizes the Egyptian police force. This decision outraged all the cast of the drama because they felt they were being judged unfairly.
- Sad day: "Saraya Abdeen" director Amro Arafa announces his withdrawal from making a sequel
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Amro Waked boycotts elections
- Q&A: Palestinian-American UFC Fighter Ramsey Nijem
- In Kuwait, It's Animals, not People, Who Need to Protest