Will you pretty please watch Amr Waked? "The People of Alexandria" is worth seeing, he says
The recent political remarks made by Egyptian actor Amro Waked, which many had opposed, have negatively impacted his latest television drama “Ahil Iskandaria” (the People of Alexandria). A number of campaigns surfaced on Facebook calling to boycott the drama, but Amro asked his fans to watch the drama because it is a very unique one that deserves to be seen during Ramadan.
According to Laha Magazine, Amro also began tweeting on his account saying, “Who will watch the drama “Ahel Iskandaria” in Ramadan? I will be happy to know your feedback and will answer all your questions episode by episode.”
The shock came to Amro when a decision was made to ban the drama from being aired because it criticizes the Egyptian police force. This decision outraged all the cast of the drama because they felt they were being judged unfairly.
- Will there be any "Excellence" to Ahmed Ezz's Ramadan show? Not if Facebook boycotts can stop it!
- "The Cat" is in the hat: Amro Waked has finished filming his Ramadan release
- Pretty, pretty please! TV host Nishan is begging Zeina to appear in his Ramadan show
- Mina Fadaly joins “Ibn Mout”
- Algerian TV boycotts Egyptian drama