Sad day: "Saraya Abdeen" director Amro Arafa announces his withdrawal from making a sequel
Egyptian director Amro Arafa has announced his withdrawal from completing the sequel of the past Ramadan drama "Saraya Abdeen", which features 12 additional episodes only. Amro did not reveal the reasons behind his decision, and simply stated that he will be supervising the filming of the episodes only.
According to Sayidaty.net, sources within the network MBC, which produced and aired the drama this past Ramadan, stated that Amro was dissatisfied with the outcome of the first part of the drama and therefore decided to stay away from the spotlight and to avoid holding any interview with the media to talk about the drama.
The sources added that MBC had prior knowledge of Amro's decision for some time now, and no other director was considered to replace Amro until this point to direct the sequel of the drama.
The drama is written by Kuwaiti writer Hiba Mishari Hamada and stars famous Egyptian actress Yousra, Ghada Adel, Nelly Karim and Syrian actor Qusai Khouly.
- One big "Saraya Abdeen" slip: actors pull out of hit drama
- With "Saraya Abdeen" being a hit, what could be eating Yousra?
- Yousra has butterflies over her upcoming role in new drama!
- Will you pretty please watch Amr Waked? "The People of Alexandria" is worth seeing, he says
- Forget the "upset hubby" rumors, Ghada Adel has a valid reason not to return to "Saraya Abdeen"