Amro Diab takes time off to worship
Even though the famous Egyptian singer Amer Diab has received many great and expensive offers to sing in Ramadan Tents this year, he turned them down all. Diab stated that instead of singing this Ramadan, he wanted to take some time off to fast and pray.
He also wanted to spend family time with his wife and kids especially since he was very busy traveling during the summer and holding concerts. Diab was also busy preparing for his latest album “Al Laila Di” (This Night).
Diab considers the year 2007 as a year of sadness where he lost three of his close friends, the late composer Riyad Al Hamshari, one of his band members and businessman Ashraf Marwan.
Diab made the decision that in the coming few days he will be traveling to the Holy Site of Mecca to make a mini pilgrimage (Umrah) since he was not able to go to Hajj (pilgrimage) last year.
- Amr Diab went prude, not nude: this year's Greece gig allegedly more straight-laced than you know what
- Amro Diab wins World Music Award for second time
- Predictions for 2011 include bad luck for Nancy Ajram and disappearance of Amro Diab
- Amro Diab calls for donations to the needy
- Time to switch off! Ramadan TV does family-time more bad than good