Oops I did it again! Angelina Jolie does another good deed in Afghanistan
Angelina Jolie has opened a school in Afghanistan
The 37-year-old actress has funded the girls only educational establishment - which caters to between 200 and 300 students - just outside of Kabul and hopes it will be the first of many schools she sets up.
Angelina plans to fund more schools by selling her own self-designed accessories collection, the Style of Jolie, to retail stores for the first time with 100 per cent of the profits going to her new foundation, The Education Partnership for Children of Conflict.
She told E! News: "Beyond enjoying the artistic satisfaction of designing these jewels, we are inspired by knowing our work is also serving the mutual goal of providing for children in need."
The United Nations Goodwill Ambassador is renowned for her charity work and last year was left in tears after visiting a Syrian refugee camp where she delivered a speech portraying her "concern" at the situation there.
She said: "I am very concerned, the world is very concerned. What is very heartbreaking is when Syrian people ask you why you think no one is able to find a solution for them.
"What they described on the ground, hearing it from them is so horrific. When you meet so many innocent people and civilians, the people of Syria are asking who is on their side, 'Who is going to help us as the months go on?'"
- Angelina Jolie kicks ISIS in the ass with new war rape centre dedicated to Daesh sex attack survivor
- Another day another girls school: Angelina Jolie does it again in Afghanistan
- Changing the World One good deed at a time
- Angelina Jolie's father Jon Voight rebukes "ignorant" Penelope Cruz for anti-semitic letter
- Syrians, Angelina Jolie's got your back! Hollywood actress chides UN Security Council