Arab artists brought back to life...on Facebook
Art-loving Egyptians have brought legendary Arab artists back by breathing life into them via social media platforms. Art junkies commemorated the iconic Arab singers by dedicating Facebook pages to their music, whilst promoting their art among the new generations.
Nagwa Ibrahim, an admin to a Facebook page dedicated to the Egyptian diva Umm Kalthoum, told Al Arabiya her main goal was to show the new generation the star’s long-lasting art.
Users have grown fond of Abdul Wahad, Abdel Halim Hazef, Farid al-Atrash and Umm Kolthoum.
Ibrahim said the page garnered more than 750 thousand followers.
The art activists are attempting to delve a little deeper into the lives of these music legends.
Pictures on both pages share intimate details of life off the stage and out of the spotlight.
What Arab artist would you like to see a Facebook page dedicated? Please share by commenting below.
- Straight from the Muppet's mouth: Jordanian artist Natheer Khawaldeh talks Gargur and "Iftah Ya Simsim"!
- Faia Younan: Viral video singer becomes the first Middle Eastern artist to crowdfund her debut in the music industry
- Rapture and Comedy Evening on the 9th Day of Amman Summer Festival 2010
- The Narcicyst hip-hops his way back to Dubai
- Umm Kulthum brought back to life to perform for Arab stars