Arab Artists to Sing for Homeless Children
The Arab Council for Childhood is scheduled to hold a benefit concert for homeless children in the Arab World on Wednesday in Cairo.
The singers have agreed to donate their pay to the council, according to the daily Al Sharq Al Awsat.
Mohammed Abdoh, Hisham Abbas, Amal Maher, Four Cats and the Al Nour Wal Amal group are scheduled to perform.
The concert is planned for the Semiramis Hotel and will feature musical and theater sketches prepared for the occasion, including the opera Atfal Ahaware’ (Street Children) written by poet Hamdi Eid, composed by Farouq Al Sharnoubi and directed by Hanaa Saad Eddin - Albawaba.com
- 2013: The remarkable Arab artists we lost this year
- Asalah Nasri furious at declaring Nawal Al Zoughbi number one Arab artist
- Mohammed Abdoh to Sing in Jordan
- Hani Shaker Sings For Palestine in Lebanon, Donates Money to Palestinian Children
- Damascus sings quietly tonight: Famous opera house remains silent during Syria's civil war