It's gonna be some movie madness in Oman! Dhofar Arab Film Forum begins August 16
The first edition of the Dhofar Arab Film Forum organised by the Oman Film Society will begin from August 16 to 20 in Salalah.
It will be inaugurated under the auspices of HE Sheikh Salim Bin Aufit Al Shanfari, Chairman of Dhofar Municipality.
A total of 30 films from seven Arab states are participating. The forum will include an operetta on Gaza and Dhofar folk arts. The Oman Film Society will honour Egyptian actor Nour El Sherif and Kuwaiti actress Suad Abdullah during the opening ceremony.
The forum will host Nour El Sherif, Suad Abdullah, Egyptian critic Ali Abu Shadi, Egyptian director Mossad Fouda, Egyptian film critic Al Amir Abaza, Nur Al Din Al Hashimi of Syria, Dr Atif Latif of Egypt and Shadia Zeitoun from Lebanon.
The film jury for Dhofar Arab Film Forum will include Ali Abu Shadi as chairman, Suad Abdullah, Nur Al Din Al Hashimi of Syria, Shadia Zeitoun from Lebanon, Omani director Abdullah Haidar, Rashid Al Yafei from the Sultanate as members.
By Ihab Mubashir
- Arab Film Festival Australia 2011 to screen 12 films from Dubai International Film Festival
- Arab Halloween: Israeli bombings scarier than wailing zombies
- Mexican, Egyptian, and Indian film industry trends are hot topics at DIFF Industry Panels this year
- Dubai International Film Festival, Screen Institute Beirut partner to support region’s documentary filmmakers
- Inaugural MENASA Forum to Begin