First ever Arab Film and TV Awards to be held in London in 2015
London-based public relations and promotions company Medium Enterprises will be staging the first edition of Arab Film and TV Awards (AFTVA) in February next year at Langham Hotel in Central London
The annual event has been created to help promote, support and develop film and television talent in the Middle East region by awarding and celebrating their excellence.
James Black Chairman of Medium Enterprises said: “We want to introduce the international film community to the film and TV industry in the Middle East.”
The awards will also entail special recognition for Western film, television and acting talent chosen by the AFTVA committee.
A Lifetime Achievement Award and Humanitarian Award will also be given each year to honour both Arab and Western recipients.
Luminaries from the film and television industry from the Middle East, Europe and Hollywood will be attending the ceremony. The event will take place in a different country each year in Europe and the Middle East.
James Black added: “We are developing the awards to eventually become the Academy Awards of the Arab world.”
The actual award itself will be named the Screen Falcon Award and will be designed by famous London gold and silversmiths Grant MacDonald.
The AFTVA committee and the nominees for the awards will be announced in the coming months.
- Satirist Bassem Youssef the first Arab ever to host the International Emmy Awards! #Historic
- Samsung reinforces TV Leadership in MENA region with New SUHD TVs, Smart TVs Powered by Tizen and New Audio Solutions
- dBridge to bring 'da beats to Ibis Hotel Barsha
- First ever Middle East diamond fair to be held
- Dubai International Film Festival takes best of Emirati, Arab cinema to London’s Shubbak showcase