Israelis got Assaf-mania too?!
Looks like everyone in the region has reached Assaf-mania. Some you'd least suspect are making big of this monumental moment of Palestinian pride.
Once the winner of "Arab Idol 2" was announced, presenting the title to Palestinian contestant Mohammad Assaf, official spokesperson of the Israeli military Avichay Adraee congratulated Mohammad of his victory, saying that he hoped Hammas would allow people in Gaza to celebrate the victory and not stand in the way of their deep expression of happiness.
Before the program ended, Avichay had stated that he supports Assaf and that he truly admires his talent.
Maybe it is in fact true that Arab Idol is better than politics for Palestine.
Do you agree? Please share your thoughts by commenting below.
- Cat Fight! Arab Idol's Yousra & Salma thrash it out over Assaf
- Assaf arrogant and ungrateful? You're wrong Dounia Batma - he wishes you the best of luck!
- London calling: Big Ben ticking as the countdown begins for Mohammad Assaf's November concert
- Has the 'made by Iran, delivered by Hezbollah' drone got Israel's neck-hairs standing?
- Gazan teen band shines on Arabs Got Talent, hopes to raise awareness of war-ravaged Gaza