A night to remember: AI contestant gets Ragheb’s blessing to record "Ya REIT"
During the contestants’ performances, Mohammad wisely chose one of Ragheb Alama’s songs to perform called “Ya REIT Feeni Khabeeha". The judges, including Ragheb himself, were totes blown away by his stellar rendition of the piece.
When he finished, the Lebanese superstar judge said in awe, “He performed it correctly. When I heard it, it was as if I was listening to something from another planet.” He then gave Mohammad the blessing to record the song in his own voice.
Incredibly, this was one thing that all the judges could agree on. When Judge Ahlam threw in her two cents, she described Mohammad’s voice as having the "Diamond" quality, and Nancy Ajram and Hasan Al Shafei gave him the thumbs up too.
Not to be left out, the audience was on Team Mohammad too, going totes cray-cray with wild clapping as soon as Mohammad finished his performance.
It was fo’ sho’ a night to remember for the Palestinian contestant who might be on his way to fame.
Will Mohammad be the next Arab Idol? Share with us your guesses!
- All about Alama: Ragheb returns to Arab Idol and clears up rumors
- How to drive Ragheb Alama nuts: Ahlam nominates Haifa Wehbe as judge #5 on Arab Idol!
- Mohammad Assaf begins recording his star-studded first ever music album!
- The best and worst of times on Arab Idol
- Palestine gives props to Arab Idol contestant Mohammad Assaf