The morning after that Arpil Fool’s: Ragheb the prankster comes clean
Lebanese superstar Ragheb Alama has learned the trick to making April Fools jokes truly believable: wait until the morning after to come clean.
Many fans initially suspected that the head Arab Idol judge was making a prank when he announced his mid-season resignation from the hit talent show on 1 April. His continued silence on the subject after promising a press conference, though, made us all start to wonder. Had his clashes with his feisty counterpart Ahlam finally gone too far?
Fortunately for fans, we can breathe a sigh of relief and expect to start the live performances segment of the program unhalted because the show will go on with all four of the AI judges in their rightful place.
According to the Middle East news portal, the next day, Ragheb had tweeted, “I wanted to say April Fools and take part in the tradition of making pranks on people.”
Well played, Ragheb. Well played indeed.
- I want you back: Nancy Ajram breaks her silence and requests Ragheb Alama's return to Arab Idol 3!
- It's all out in the open: Ragheb Alama finally tells us why he's quit Arab Idol!
- How to drive Ragheb Alama nuts: Ahlam nominates Haifa Wehbe as judge #5 on Arab Idol!
- Where in the world is Ragheb Alama? Fans worried he wouldn’t show for Friday’s Arab Idol
- Ragheb takes us behind the scenes at Arab Idol 2