Fears grow over Arab Idol contestant missing in Syria
A Syrian contestant on MBC's 'Arab Idol' singing competition has been missing for over three weeks, a spokesperson for the channel has said.
"The Syrian contestant [who has not been named] requested an urgent three-day visit to his hometown of Aleppo. He is now nowhere to be found, despite calling the MBC management to confirm he would be returning [to Beirut] the next day."
The singer cannot be reached through Facebook, email, cell phone or his home landline. Friends, family, and fans have filled his personal Facebook page with questions, which remain unanswered, the spokesperson said.
The young singer presented a number of patriotic songs and his performance was praised by judges during his audition, the spokesperson added.
Arab Idol is being currently shot in Beirut, Lebanon. This season's jury includes Nancy Ajram, Ragheb Alama, Ahlam, and Hassan El-Shafei.
- How to drive Ragheb Alama nuts: Ahlam nominates Haifa Wehbe as judge #5 on Arab Idol!
- Arab Idol: Ragheb Alama's nemesis Ahlam hoping to replace him with Mohammad Abdo
- I want you back: Nancy Ajram breaks her silence and requests Ragheb Alama's return to Arab Idol 3!
- Nancy Ajram has no regrets about her Arab Idol role, set to return to 'da screen next season
- #ArabIdol continues the hunt for sensational hopeful singers in Dubai!