Arab Independent Screen Festival Appoints Nabil al-Maleh as Jury President
Syrian director Nabil al-Maleh was appointed president of the jury of the Arab Independent Screen Festival due to be held in Qatar later this month.
Palestinian film director Rashid Mashharawi was appointed honorary president of the festival following the decision of the Israeli occupation authorities to prevent him from travelling to Qatar to participate in the festival.
Iranian woman director Samira Makhmalbaf, who was also appointed member of the jury, told Syrian Times that the festival would be an opportunity for young Arab directors to exchange expertise and refine their talents –Albawaba.com
- Palestinian Film Fest Opened in Umm al Fahem
- Kuwaiti Director Takes Part in Muscat and Teheran Festivals’ Juries
- Martin Scorsese named president of Marrakech International Film Festival
- Palestinian Uprising Top Theme at Qatar's First Film Festival
- Paris Arab World Institute to honor Suad Hosni, Radwan al Kashef