Art of resistance: Rawabet Theatre showcases dramatic testimony
No Time for Art is an independent theatre project that showcases a series of performances directed by Laila Soliman addressing police and military violence in Egypt.
No Time for Art/3 is a dialogue between a young man enrolled in mandatory military service while the nation is in turmoil and another man who is locked away in an Egyptian prison cell, falsely accused.
Based on the testimonies of Ahmed El-Gendy and Sherif Hegazy, the show brings heartfelt struggles to the audience, while raising taboos of human rights violations by the military.
The testimonies display similarities in their theme of helplessness in the face of harsh and rigid systems.
No Time for Art has been performed in Germany, Greece, the UK, Belgium, Switzerland and Austria during the past year.
- Thursday night, diverse musicians will electrify downtown Cairo
- Egypt's tots get dramatic at first International Children's Theatre Fest
- Damascus Theatre Festival Revived with New Form
- Ramallah theatre company take on an English classic, Arab style!
- Egyptian El Warsha theatre group heading to Jordan for a taste of Arts and culture