Arwa fined by Denmark
According to the London daily Elaph, Yemeni singer Arwa received an offer from a concert planner in Denmark to host a live concert for the local Arab community.
Arwa’s manager accepted the offer and Arwa received a down payment.
When the news of her upcoming concert in Denmark became public, a representative from the Yemen government called Arwa and reminded her of the “Prophet Muhammad case,” and advised her not to perform in Denmark.
Arwa apologized and had her manager call the concert planner in Denmark to cancel the concert. Arwa returned the full amount that she received from the concert planner and had to pay a fine since she was the one who canceled the concert.
Arwa apologized to the Yemeni and Arab community in general in Denmark for canceling her concert, but she values the feeling of the Arabs and Muslim toward the “awful drawing.”
- MKs Call for Cancellation of Wagner Concert
- Pregnant Arwa quits stardom for more earthly duties
- A swine fine! Culinary school fined for forcing Libya-born Muslim woman to eat pork
- Don't get mad, get even! Saudi wife has revenge on husband by racking up $80,000 worth of traffic fines
- Norwegian Muslims vow to protect synagogue by forming human "peace ring"