Asala glows downtown
Syrian singer Asala Nasri held a performance on May 16 called “Asala Fe Wasat Al Balad” (Asala Downtown) at the Egyptian Opera House.
Asala sang at the same place where the famous Egyptian singer Muhammad Munir performed.
According to the London daily Elaph, the celebration was directed by her husband, producer Tareq Al Aryan, and is soon to be released on DVD.
The fans arrived hours in advance and by 9:30pm the “Downtown” music group went up on stage and performed their well-known song “Qaribili” (Get close To Me).
After the group “Downtown” performed two of their songs they started playing the opening of Asala’s song “Ya Majnon” (You’re Crazy) and the fans went wild when they saw Asala approach the stage. Asala first sang “Ayez Al Haq” (Do You Want the Truth) with its new mix, and then she sang “Wa Ihna Sawa” (When we’re Together).
The fans also did their share of singing when they sang ‘Happy Birthday’ for Asala. She thanked them for remembering it was her Birthday. She thanked everyone for coming and she also thanked the music group “Downtown”.
Asala gave a special thank you to her husband Tareq, hoping they will always be together.
- Asala Closes Two-Week Tyre Festival
- Keepin' it real: Asala Nasri didn't hold back the tears at Arab Music Festival
- Asala Nasri's bulging tummy keeps fans guessing: Too much junk food or a baby on the way?
- These two have a serious girl crush! Angham wishes Asala Nasri a happy birthday online
- Double the starlets, double the kids, double the love: Angham celebrates Asala's Twins' birthday