Asala Nasri sings for Syria
A staunch supporter of the Syrian uprising, songstress, Asala Nasri, has come under fire for her politics before. Tweeting her support for opposition leader, Sheikh Moaz al-Khatib and denouncing President Bashar al-Assad, she has had to leave her home country to keep safe.
This week the starlet announced that she will be taking her suppor to a new level, having recorded a song especially for the rebels. 'Baladi' (My Country), written by Amir Tuayma, is Asala's way of trying to help the people still suffering back home in Syria.
According to MBC.net, the Syrian beauty thinks that 'Al Thuwar' (The Revolutionaries) late Egyptian legend Umm Kalthoum best describes the conditions taking place in Syria right now.
- I want nothing to do with you: Mayada Al Hinawi says she'd NEVER appear on Asala's "Soula"
- Asala Nasri's set for Lebanon's X Factor with heavy security in tow
- Angham and Asala Nasri battle it out for ‘Baladi’ song title
- Sisi yes, Sisi yes: Asala congratulates Sisi on his Presidential win
- Asala Nasri is set to duet!