Celebrity feud: Duraid Lahham insults Asala Nasri by asking 'who is she?'
Syrian actor Duraid Lahham is known for speaking his mind and rarely biting his tongue! In a recent interview with the veteran actor, he confirmed a previous statement where he said he didn't know who Syrian singer Asala Nasri was.
The 80-year-old said that he knows many women by the name of Asala, and wasn't sure which 'Asala' the journalist asking him was referring to. Was he being rude, or should we blame this one on his old age?
But according to Sayidaty.net, Asala found Duraid's remarks highly disrespectful of her. His response? Lahham simply said that he doesn't like getting into the whole “he said, she said” conversations, because they're just 'pointless.'
In a failed attempt to clear the air, Duraid stressed that he respects Asala's achievements as a singer, and respects her voice when she sings but not when she speaks; implying that he isn't fond of the harsh statements she makes without consideration.
We think this is going to be a long-lived celeb feud, guys!
On a different note, Duraid stated that until this point he has not decided on any TV drama to star in for the upcoming Ramadan season of 2014.
- Out with the old, in the with new: Duraid Lahham replaces Salloum Haddad in new drama
- Arab rumor mill wrong again! Lahham's family deny Syrian citizenship claims
- Patriot Mayada Henawi verbally attacks Asala Nasri and Arwa, compliments Raghda!
- Baby, I got your back: Duraid Lahham’s wife kills rumor that her man was assaulted by Syrian
- I want nothing to do with you: Mayada Al Hinawi says she'd NEVER appear on Asala's "Soula"