Keepin’ up with the times or playin’ copycat? Asala Nasri turns 'Soula' into talent search
Arabs Got Talent, The Winner, Arab Idol, The Voice, X Factor Arabia, and now... Soula? Asala Nasri's show taped from the comfort of her home 'Soula' has been around awhile, but now the hostess is turning it into yet another outlet for musical hopefuls to get discovered.
The Syrian singer is so over politics, so perhaps she sees the value in music in bringing harmony and hope. Asala has asked talented fans to send in videos of their best shot.
According to Laha Magazine, Asala will choose the most talented singers from the videos sent and host the winners on her show to introduce them to the world.
Asala Facebooked the announcement of the addition to her TV program, "It brings me great pleasure to be the source of fulfilling the dreams of some of you, and I will give the opportunity for you to join me on my show 'Soula' and be my guest to begin taking the first step towards your success. What I will hear from you in a short filmed video is very important and based on it the winners will be selected."
Asala added, "I will take great care of you and offer what I can to make your dreams of becoming popular a reality. I anxiously await hosting the talented winners."
Do you think Asala's talent search addition a wise, trendy move or a lame attempt at copycat? Please share your thoughts by commenting below!
- At home with Asala: Nawal Al Zoghbi & Angham guests on "Soula"
- I want nothing to do with you: Mayada Al Hinawi says she'd NEVER appear on Asala's "Soula"
- It's all about the music: Asala sings the night away with her "Soula" guest Ahlam
- Not asking for much! Which star got paid $150 thousand to appear on Asala's "Soula"?
- Dear Fans: Syrian songstress Asala Nasri wants your vote to win "Best Arab Female Singer"