Sleeping with the enemy! Asala accused of cooperating with Israel
Syrian singer Asala Nasri's recent visit to Palestine raised many eyebrows in the entertainment world and media. The singer was the first ever Syrian to perform in Palestine since 1967. The performance was held in a small village near Bethlehem and was part of the “Layali Barak Suleiman” Festival.
But Asala's visit was interpreted as cooperating with Israel and a violation of Syrian laws. A number of Syrian lawyers are gathering suitable documents to file a lawsuit against the star.
According to Sayidaty.net, the lawsuit was filed by supporters of the Syrian government of Bashar Al Assad as revenge against Asala for opposing Assad's regime and supporting the Revolution instead.
The lawyers further stated that Asala was granted her entry Visa to Palestine through Israeli officials. They're demanding that the singer is stripped of her Syrian citizenship for cooperating with Israel. Syrian law states that any visitors to the occupied territory will be imprisoned for a period of 3-10 years.
While on her visit, Asala met with Palesitnian President Mahmoud Abbas and placed flowers on the tomb of the late President Yasser Arafat. Abbas was on Asala's side and stressed that it's essential for Arab artists to visit Palestine and perform there as well, in a bid to show their support for the Palestinian people and their cause.
- Conspiracy theory: Arab media still angered by Asala Nasri's visit to Palestine
- Patriot Mayada Henawi verbally attacks Asala Nasri and Arwa, compliments Raghda!
- I want nothing to do with you: Mayada Al Hinawi says she'd NEVER appear on Asala's "Soula"
- These two have a serious girl crush! Angham wishes Asala Nasri a happy birthday online
- Breaking News: Asala Nasri's Syrian passport allegedly revoked in Lebanon