Oh brother! Assala's sibling spat gets her in trouble with the law
Assala Nasri's family feud has landed her on the wrong side of the law
Assala Nasri should be enjoying the happiest moments of her life - she's beautiful, famous, and has a hit new album under her belt - but even superstar's can get in trouble with the law. Assala is being brought down to earth with a crash as she reportedly faces a month's hard jail time and has been forced to dig deep for 10 thousand Egyptian pounds after being taken to court by her own brother.
The family feud erupted after the Syrian beauty went public with her anti-Assad views. Hitting out at her pro-Assad brother Ayham, she said: "My brother is a traitor to his family and his people, because he supports the Syrian regime".
But the sibling spat didn't stop there: after battling it out over Syria, Assala reportedly punched below-the-belt saying her brother had 'mental issues'.
The brother-sister mud slinging was soon taken to court, and Assala was found guilty of slander.
Now - adding more salt to the wound - Assala's attempt to appeal the charge has reportedly failed, leaving the songstress in hope that bad news doesn't really come in threes!
- He ain't my brother! Friends of Assad no friends of Assala
- Assala's no-show: Nasri leaves fans no apology chocolates after canceling on the Belgian crowd
- Assala’s fans do not 'Like' her new look much
- Assala Nasri: Rahabneh School is My Favorite Style
- Assala Nasri tweets support for Syrian opposition 'heroes'