He's got a soft spot for the kiddos: Assi Helani gave proceeds from Cairo concert to children's cancer research
He rocked the Cairo Opera House with his sizzling singing skills, bringing back his oldies but goodies as well his current hits, and included other all-star songsters on the stage with him. Former "The Voice" contestants like Abdel Atheem Adh Dhahbi stood up to the mic next to Assi Helani.
But what really wowed the crowd earlier this week was the announcement after the music was over. According to Laha Magazine, the Lebanese superstar was honored at the end by the gig's organizers for his endless humanitarian contributions. Assi had donated his entire wage from the concert to one of the kidney centers to help them purchase new chemotherapy equipment to treat children with cancer.
The cancer-fighting event was held under the patronage of Minister of Culture Saber Arab with the Lebanese Ambassador in Egypt Khaled Ziyadah present along with other Lebanese VIPs residing in Egypt.
- A patriotic Assi Helani celebrates Lebanon's independence with the Lebanese Army
- It's a family affair: Assi Helani moves his girl into the spotlight
- "Where are you my love"? Assi Helani is on YouTube with latest risque music video
- Following in Daddy's footsteps: Assi Helani's daughter to duet with Ricky Martin!
- Assi Helani too busy with The Voice to get to Canada