Assi Helani counts down to his Beirut restaurant opening
The Lebanese singer Assi Helani is set to open a new restaurant in Beirut in the prestigious neighborhood of Verdun. The restaurant takes the singer's first name, Assi, and is jointly-owned by two Lebanese businessmen.
The final work on the interior decor of the restaurant is close to completion in time for the grand opening, scheduled iminently at an undisclosed date.
The singer was inspired to go into the restaurateur business on the back of his nephew's hit franchises for 'Kayf' restaurant.
Assi is not the first artist to decide to venture into the food business, with a number of stars exploting the same lucrative career sideline.
Otherwise, Assi recently won an award for ‘Best Lebanese Artist’ at the Lebanese Murex D’Or Festival. Early July, Assi will be taking part in Leabnon's MTV Third Oriental Song Festival. Other performers present include Lebanese singers Nawal Al Zoghbi, Ramy Ayach.
What do you think of celebrities going into the food business. Share your opinions below.
- Behind Assi Helani is a great woman: his wife Colette!
- A patriotic Assi Helani celebrates Lebanon's independence with the Lebanese Army
- Why did Assi Helani turn down a ceremony which honored his 20 years of singing achievement?!?
- Assi Helani feeling merciful this Ramadan
- Assi Helani too busy with The Voice to get to Canada