Assi Helani too busy with The Voice to get to Canada
Assi Helani may have found global fame as a coach on 'The Voice' but he is also a singer in his own right. However, with all the time spent in the studio, the Lebanese star has had to temporarily give up on his personal singing career.
The talent show coach announced this week that he had to postpone a tour to the U.S. and Canada, planned for this year, until May 2013. But fans shouldn't panic just yet: Assi also told reporters at a recent press conference in Beirut that he has a plan with The Voice producers for the future to fit in some of his own concerts with all that filming.
Meanwhile, the Lebanese songster hasn't given up on his most important role - UN Goodwill Ambassador for 'Live Lebanon'. He will be holding a series of charitable concerts in Egypt, including a set at the Cairo Opera House in February next year, where proceeds will go to cancer patients.
Not content with helping the terminally ill, Assi will also be holding a concert in Beirut for the victims of the Israeli attacks on Gaza. Will all that Goodwill, surely he'll be storing up some Karma for his 'Voice' contestants?
- "Naughty boy" Assi Helani accused of Harassment and ridiculing The Voice Arabia judges!
- Plenty of Mideastern 'voices' in the sea: Coach Assi Al Helani dishes dirt
- The hip shall rise again! Assi Helani assures he's A-ok after surgery
- Giddyup! Assi Helani rides into Dubai to record operetta and catch some stallion action
- Seven is heaven! All finalists of "The Voice Ahla Sawt" to perform at the Meydan Hotel and Grandstand