Backstreet Boys to Kick Off Super Bowl
While NFL teams continue to maul each other for a spot in Super Bowl XXXV, the Backstreet Boys can already reserve their plane tickets.
The pop quintet will sing the national anthem before the start of the game, Jan. 28 in Tampa, Fla. Singer Ray Charles will also serenade the crowd, and the enormous TV audience, with America the Beautiful, reported ABC online.
Embellishments to the anthem, which have become standard practice, may reach an all-time high.
Rickey Minor, who produced Whitney Houston’s over-the-top, Top 20-charting anthem from Super Bowl XXV, will arrange the piece and now he has five voices to work with.
The song will be punctuated by the engines of the Air Force Thunderbirds, who will roar over Raymond James Stadium at the conclusion of the anthem.
Other artists who have opened the Super Bowl include Cher, Luther Vandross, Jewel, Vanessa Williams and Faith Hill. – Albawaba.com.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Disharmony as Russians await a national anthem by Marina Lapenkova
- Celebrate a big night of music with a super-sized 90-minute “american idol” and a special “GLEE” 500th musical performance milestone exclusively on OSN
- Bahrain City Centre hosts International children’s favourite Ben 10 live-action show for Eid Al Fitr
- Indie-pop band "Scouting for Girls" to perform at Atlantis Dubai's Sandance festival
- Pepsi unveil details of superstar 2014 football squad