Bahrain's Spring of Culture Festival continues tonight with Omar Khairat
Omar Khairat is sure to look this sharp tonight. (Image: Facebook)
Acclaimed Egyptian composer Omar Khairat will perform tonight at the Bahrain National Theatre as part of the 10th annual Spring of Culture Festival.
Omar Khairat is one of the most prominent Arab composers of his generation, with a career spanning more than four decades and a unique style that blends Arabic and Western music.
Born in Cairo to an artistic family, he studied music to degree level before going on to compose music for Egyptian cinema, television and ballet.
His music is influenced by traditional Arabic music, European classical works, Egyptian and African folklore, and Western genres such as jazz, pop and blues. With a distinctive style, critics agree that Omar Khairat succeeds in bringing Western harmonic flair to the classic Arabic music structure.
Visit www.springofculture.org/events/omar-khairat for more details and to book tickets.
- 8th Dubai International Film Festival to honour Indian music composer A. R. Rahman with Lifetime Achievement Honour
- Mohamed Mounir Blends Indigenous and Western Music
- "All of Me" loves all of this line-up: John Legend added to Spring of Culture
- New York to be overrun by Arab music thanks to Soprano Christine Moore
- Egyptian Creative Youths Mull Rooting Arabic Jazz Music