The albums that rocked in 2012
Just months after Sherine Abdel Wahab fans feared the star would have a nervous breakdown after a difficult split from her husband she was back on track with her album “Isael Alai” (Ask About Me). Sherine has also been kept busy in her role as a judge on “The Voice”.
Respected singer Mohammad Muneer did well with “Ya Ahel Arab Wal Tarab” and had three live shows go down well with fans.
Burgeoning star Mohammad Hamaki scored big with “Min Alabi Baghani” (I Sing From the Bottom of My Heart), despite two of the singer’s live shows being cancelled for security reasons to the dismay of his fans.
Across the Arab world, albums by Lebanese singer Elissa and Syrian singer Asala Nasri were also big critical and popular successes.
- Come on, man! Thousands of disgruntled fans put the pressure on for more Mohammad Muneer tickets
- Rocking with a view: Dubai band set sights on international stage
- Samsung Electronics Levant sponsors Jadal’s Album launch event
- Is Sherine Abdel Wahab having a nervous breakdown?
- Dubai gets a case of the 'Itchyworms'