Bill Murray calls Amal Alamuddin "the funniest Lebanese since Danny Thomas"
Amal Alamuddin arriving in Milan for wedding week. (Image courtesy of People Magazine/AKM-GSI)
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin had "put their lives on hold" until they met.
The 'Monuments Men' actor's co-star and close friend Bill Murray thinks it's "just miraculous" that the Oscar winner, 53, and the British human rights lawyer, 36, found each other after all this time and their relationship has renewed his faith in love.
Asked about the couple's recent wedding in Venice, Italy, the 64-year-old actor told the 'TODAY' show: "It was real fun.
"These two, it's kind of just miraculous that they found each other, because they're so ideal for each other. People were very emotional about the fact that these two people found someone. That really was the great part of the party."
Bill was among the small number of guests to speak at the duo's lavish nuptials.
He said: "I did speak, I did get to say something - I can't really recreate it. But it was something about the fact that a lot of people almost felt that they put their lives on hold until these people found their happiness, 'cause they're both very, very, very good people, very considerate and thoughtful of their friends and their families."
He added: "The idea that they've got it now, it's liberating, it really is liberating to see them alive and in love."
The 'Lost in Translation' actor thinks Amal is the perfect woman for George, who previously dated a string of other beauties, including Stacy Keibler and Elisabetta Canalis.
He said: "She's a real beautiful girl with a huge heart and she's a great humanitarian and funny, too. She's the funniest Lebanese since Danny Thomas."
- The Clooneys are in town! George's parents jet into Lake Como ahead of wedding of the year
- They call me Clooney, Amal Clooney! George's new wife officially adopts his last name!
- Good morning Mr. & Mrs. Clooney! George and Amal make first appearance as hubby and wife
- After his thoughts on Amal Clooney, here's two more times David Starkey did something dumb this year
- George, meet Lebanon: 10 things Clooney should know about his new Levant connection