Seventh time's a charm for Bob Geldof in Dubai
Seventh time’s the charm for Irishman Bob Geldof, who will return to Dubai’s Irish Village for a St Patrick’s Day performance again this year.
The Boomtown Rat will play at the Dubai venue on March 14, the seventh time he celebrates the Irish holiday in the Emirates, performing solo tracks including songs from his latest album is entitled, ‘How To Compose Popular Songs That Will Sell’.
Geldof rose to fame with his band, Boomtown Rats days, and recently announced they were to reunite at the Isle of Wight Festival in the UK on June 16, 26 years after last performing with the band. He won’t be performing with them in the UAE but will play classics by the group.
Irish Village holds a three-day festival celebrating St Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, every year, sponsored by Transguard.“I’ve been going to Dubai for the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations for many years,” said Geldof in a statement. “It’s a dynamic city I always look forward to visiting and catching up with so many of my good friends at Transguard. I’m always excited about performing at the Irish Village, it’s the perfect venue and the Irish really know how to party,” said Geldof.
The renowned humanitarian -- Geldof founded the legendard Band Aid concerts -- will also get involved with Transguard’s CSR initiatives and meet local humanitarian groups.
Tickets, Dh125, are available at Irish Village (100 if purchased before March 1).
- The 20-year journey of Irish pop group Boyzone that brings them to Dubai Thursday night
- Bob Geldof feels at home in Dubai's Irish Village
- Sir Bob Geldof and Mohammed Al Gergawi offer inspiring support for Consortium Dubai’s ‘In Honor of Africa’ Benefit Dinner’
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with Irish stand up Dara O'Briain in Dubai
- bob geldof to attend exclusive air miles event in dubai