Love Bollywood, love MBC: New channel coming to the Arab world!
MBC is all set to launch a new Bollywood channel next month, an official confirmed.
Speaking to Gulf Business on the sidelines of the annual Gulf Business Industry Awards (GBIA), Mazen Hayek, group director of PR & Commercial at MBC said that that all the requirements were in place for the new launch.
“MBC Bollywood will launch in mid-October, and it will showcase series and movies from Bollywood. It will be our 14th channel and adds to our existing bouquet,” he said.
Dubai-based MBC, a private free-to-air satellite broadcasting company – which won the Media Company of the Year award at GBIA 2013 – currently has 13 TV channels, two radio stations and several online platforms.
“We also have more premium content coming up – we have got Arabs Got Talent – Season 3, The Voice is coming up at the end of the year, then Arab Idol returns, and then Ramadan – all the content that our Arab viewers are accustomed to,” Hayek said.
Arab-Bollywood channels are rapidly gaining popularity in the region, and MBC will face stiff competition from established players such as Zee Aflam and B4U Middle East.
- MBC launches two new stations
- Zee Aflam commences new season of 100% Bollywood with popular presenter Wiam Dahmani as new anchor
- Zee Aflam partners on world premiere of Bollywood heist movie ‘Players’ in Dubai
- Curries, saris and Bollywood! These Egyptians have a newfound love for India
- Cheb Khaled talks "art" in a world of messed up politics