A "Picture of You" with Boyzone in Dubai this May? Heck yes!
The musical group may be named "Boyzone", but there will likely be more gals than guys in the Dubai Tennis Stadium on May 22 as the Irish boy band booms their way into the UAE just before the summer heat is in full force and outdoor concerts become a thing of the former spring.
They may not have quite the current cult-like following of Justin Timberlake who will take to du Arena, Abu Dhabi the following night, but they were certainly UK Top 40 frequenters back in the glory days of the 90s. Songs like "Picture of You", "No Matter What", "Words", and "All That I Need" made many a heart pump a little harder two decades ago.
At the turn of the millennium, the group disbanded to follow their own personal paths but reunited in 2008 to release another album. The following year, they tragically lost one of the lead singers, Stephen Gately, to an undiagnosed heart condition while in the Spanish holiday island of Majorca.
Remaining members Ronan Keating, Mikey Graham, Keith Duffy and Shane Lynch have managed to carry on, despite the deep loss, with two more albums, a 20 year career-celebrating tour in 2013, and now a Dubai gig this coming May!
The tickets priced at Dh225 and are available for purchase at timeouttickets.
What famous hit are you hoping Boyzone will bust out in Dubai? Please share in the comment box below!
- The 20-year journey of Irish pop group Boyzone that brings them to Dubai Thursday night
- Nailed it! Boyzone totally brought it in Dubai Thursday night
- Is JT the next MJ? Justin Timberlake's Abu Dhabi set took the audience back to the king of pop's reign
- Hands Off My Puppets, Doll Maker Tells \'N Sync
- Seventh time's a charm for Bob Geldof in Dubai