Braveheart, Runaway Bride props for AIDS Auction
The movie industry has finally decided to place their important props to good use. Formerly used for ‘Hard Rock Café’ type places, now the dresses, swords and all kinds of gadgets will be sold at an auction for kids with HIV and AIDS.
Some of the itinerary includes Mel Gibson’s sword in Braveheart, Julia Robert’s wedding dress in Runaway Bride, Denzel Washington’s boxing gloves from The Hurricane and a specially mounted Star Wars light sword donated by screenwriter and director George Lucas.
According to BBC radio, Liam Neeson, hero of the Star Wars prequel, The Phantom Menace, said Meryl Streep, director Martin Scorsese, Paul Newman and Ralph Fiennes were among those helping to raise $5 million to battle mother-to-child transmission of the HIV/AIDS virus.
The New York Sotheby’s auction is entitled Movie Action for Children, reported Reuters. – Albawaba.com.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Suad Hosni’s Items to be Auctioned to Benefit Children Cancer Hospital
- Actors Props Up For Auction
- Egyptian celebs rally for festival for a good cause
- They have landed: Star Wars: Episode VII in Abu Dhabi and ready to start shooting
- May the force be with Morocco! Star Wars: Episode 7 to begin filming next month