Break a leg, Rihanna! Ahlam’s all kinds of angry after Abu Dhabi mosque incident
Out of all the Arab world, controversial UAE songstress and Arab Idol judge Ahlam isn’t exactly the first name that comes to mind when it comes to conservative religious stances. So we wonder why all the Instagram outrage over pop star Rihanna’s recent Abu Dhabi mosque photoshoot?
According to the British newspaper "The independent", many followers of Rihanna on Instagram were not convinced that her hijab donning was out of respect for the sanctity of Sheik Zayed Mosque, neither for the traditions and customs of the U.A.E.
Ahlam, it seems, couldn’t agree more. While reposting Rihanna’s recent pics, her comments showed she considered her visit to be desecrating to the mosque, describing Rihanna as “ugly” and saying, “I wish you had broken your leg before entering our Dear Father's Mosque".
Whoah! Easy there, tigress!
Ahlam’s post stirred arguments between her social media followers, some agreeing with her, while others objeting to her criticism, responding, "Ahlam misunderstands religion".
What’s your opinion on the whole ordeal? Please share in the comment box below!
- Ri Ri goes native! Rihanna shocks fans by wearing hijab for Abu Dhabi mosque photoshoot
- #girlcrush: Fifi Abdo fawns over Ahlam's new look
- Rihanna went rogue: Abu Dhabi Sheikh says recent mosque photoshoot not sanctioned
- There's no party like an Instagram party! Ahlam celebrates 'one million followers' success
- Today’s the day: Ahlam will become Nishan's honey