Ferry set to send waves through Dubai with film fest appearance
Singer Bryan Ferry CBE has been announced as the man who will provide the entertainment at the star-studded IWC Schaffhausen Filmmaker Award ceremony as part of this year’s Dubai International Film Festival.
Ferry, who recently celebrated the beginning of his fifth decade in the music business, found fame in the early 1970s as lead vocalist of Roxy Music.
The singer, most famous for hits including Angel Eyes, Let’s Stick Together and Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, will close the awards ceremony at One&Only Royal Mirage, Dubai, on December 10.
He will serenade the likes of Academy Award-winning actress Cate Blanchett who had the task of shortlisting four filmmakers for the prestigious award, which is being presented for the first time.
Dubai’s Ali F Mostafa and Fujairah-born Abdullah Al Ka’abi, best known for his debut short film The Philosopher, go head-to-head with Maysoon Pachachi, a London-based filmmaker of Iraqi origin, and first-time director Mohammad Rashed Bu Ali for the award.
Friends of the Festival packages are now available for the ninth edition of DIFF. Six tiers are available: DIFF Platinum Partner, DIFF Gold Circle, Patron of DIFF, DIFF Supporter, DIFF Genre and DIFF 10 and 25 ticket deals. In return, patrons will receive insider access to the festival. For full details on each package and ticket prices email DIFF.Customerservice@filmfest.ae or call 04-3633456.
- Founder and Ex-CEO of Dubai International Film Festival files multi-million dollar lawsuit
- Mideast movies in Michigan: award winning films head across the pond for Arab film fest
- UAE films, filmmakers to compete for honours in Dubai International Film Festival’s first Muhr Emirati competition
- A speechless Cate Blanchett steals the Dubai show
- Fairuz to Serenade Swiss at International Music Festival