Inject some music in your soul this week in Cairo & Alexandria
Al-Gamaliya, Al-Darb Al-Asfar Alley, Al-Muiz St, Tel 2591 3391
Every Sunday, 7.30pm: The Nile Troupe for Folk Instruments, conducted by Abdel-Rahman Al-Shafaai performs dances and songs from Upper Egypt on mizmar, tabla and other traditional musical instruments.
Cairo Opera House
Gezira Exhibition Grounds, Tel 2737 0602/2736
Sun 2, 8pm: Alexandria Opera Company for Arab Music and Singing.
Thur 6, 8pm: The Cairo Opera Ballet Company.
Sun 2, 8pm: Chamber music concert features Ashraf Sharara.
Mon 3, 8pm: The Opera String Quartet.
Wed 5, 8pm: Commemorating the 91th birth anniversary of composer Mohamed Al-Moguie.
Thur 6, 8pm: Piano recital by an Austrian pianist.
Mohamed Abdou St, off Al-Moaiz St with Al-Azhar, Tel 2514 7475 every Sat, Mon & Wed, (8pm, free admission)
Al-Tanoura whirling dervishes perform to live Sufi music.
12 Al-Gumhouriya St, Abdin, Tel 2390 7707
Sun 2, 8pm: The Cairo Opera Company presents Amal Wa Zowar Al Lail (Amal and the Night Visitors) show.
Thur 6, 8pm: Al-Enshad Al-Dini troupe plays religious songs and hymns. .
Alexandria Opera House (Sayed Darwish Theatre)
Fouad St, Mahatat Al-Raml, Alexandria, Tel 03/486 5106
Sun 2, 8pm: The Cairo Symphony Orchestra.
Wed 5, 8pm: Piano recital by an Austrian pianist.
- Feast your senses on those music & dance events in Egypt this week
- Here's what's crackalacking in Cairo this week
- Get your game on, go play Egypt! Here's a list of how to have fun in Ramadan
- Enjoy a flavorful week of art, film, music & theatre in Cairo & Alexandria this week!
- This is your music & dance guide in Cairo and Alexandria for this week!