Cairo Film Fest to be opened with int’l show
An international show will be organized at the opening ceremony of the 26th Cairo International Film Festival dedicated to the late actress Suad Hosni, the Arab screen Cinderella.
The festival head, Sherif Shoubashi, announced that international troupes from China, Brazil and some African countries would participate in the opening ceremony to be held on October 5.
Specimens from the old Egyptian cinema shows will be exhibited on a large screen in the outdoor courtyard in addition to puppet shows.
The number of participating films has so far reached 75 and the Watching Committee will start as of next week the selection of the films that suit the festival best whether for the official contest or for screening on the sidelines of the festival -- Albawaba.com
- Empty Seats Mar Cairo Film Fest Opening Ceremony
- Chinese whispers? Nope, Iran will get a taste of China through film festival in Sep
- 200,000 visitors and counting make a spectacular start for Dubai's Dub Fest Street Festival
- Int’l Women Film Fest to Screen Suad Hosni’s Films
- Sharon Stone to participate in Cairo Int’l Film Fest