Cairo's ballerinas put on a cracking show this Christmas
On December 20, 21 and 23, 24, the Cairo Opera Ballet Company and the Cairo Opera Orchestra, conducted by Nayer Nagui, will perform The Nutcracker ballet at the Cairo Opera House Main Hall.
The ballet is based on the story The Nutcracker and the Mouse King by E.T.A. Hoffman. The story begins on Christmas Eve and is obviously why the ballet is usually performed around Christmas. Although the story diverts a little from Hoffman’s text (as Pepita, choreographer, used Dumas' revised version of The Nutcracker ), the fairytale revolves around a girl dreaming of a Nutcracker Prince who battles a Mouse King with seven heads.
The Nutcracker is a classic and lovely family outing at Christmas.
20, 21, 23, 24 December at 8pm
Cairo Opera House main hall
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The Nutcracker and the Mouse King
- Cairo claps to the tragedy of Aida in the Opera House
- Cooking up a storm: TV Chef Bobby Chinn chats fetta and ful in Cairo
- Take your pick of fun things to do in Egypt this week (22-29 December)!
- Take your pick! You'll LOVE the entertainment options in Egypt this week!
- Christmas comes late for Cairo Opera House