The fat lady sings on at Cairo Opera House
Clashes between security forces and protesters in Tahrir Square have reached Qasr El-Nil Bridge, which leads directly to the Cairo Opera House.
Mohamed Hosny, media department manager at the opera house, told Al-Ahram Arabic that they have closed the door overlooking Qasr El-Nil Bridge, but the other door overlooking the Ahly Club remains open.
Hosny said the programme will not be changed and the Chinese New Year performance will go ahead as planned.
In previous clashes in Tahrir Square and the surrounding areas, the Cairo Opera House has suspended its activities.
- Has the fat lady sung for Cairo Opera House?
- In Cairo or Alexandria this Oct/Nov? Here's a list of the recommended art events to indulge in
- How beautiful! Cairo Opera House to host Ramadan Nights in July
- Cairo Opera House gets festive
- The protests that stole Christmas: festive concerts postponed in Cairo