Cairo Opera House gets festive
Following it's tradition, the Cairo Opera House invites audiences to its Christmas concerts, performed by opera companies and joined by the Cairo Celebration Choir.
Usually the concert is performed by the Cairo Symphony Orchestra conducted by Nayer Nagui, yet this year the conductor will lead the Cairo Opera Orchestra, of which he is a principal conductor and artistic director.
Christmas carols and songs will be sung by soloists from the Cairo Opera Company. The concert will include over 20 Christmas compositions such as Agnus Dei, O Holy Night, Jesu Bambino, Angels We Have Heard on High, Holiday Pops, and White Christmas.
The concert will be accompanied by the Cairo Celebration Choir, founded by Nagui in 2000 and consisting of over 120 singers whose repertoire covers many important classical music works, arabic compositions and light music.
Saturday 8 December at 8pm - Sayed Darwish Theatre (Alexandria Opera House), 22 El-Horreya Rd, El-Raml station, Alexandria.
Wednesday 12 and Thursday 13 December at 8pm - Cairo Opera House main hall, Zamalek, Cairo.
- The protests that stole Christmas: festive concerts postponed in Cairo
- Christmas comes late for Cairo Opera House
- Cairo's ballerinas put on a cracking show this Christmas
- In his honor: the late Ammar El-Sherei is toast of the Cairo town
- Musicians unite in memorial concert for Egypt's 'spiritual father of ballet'