How beautiful! Cairo Opera House to host Ramadan Nights in July
Launching its Ramadan Evenings programme, the Cairo Opera House's open air theatre will host a series of 12 musical events between 9 and 24 July.
This year, troupes from Sudan and Indonesia will take part in the opera’s evenings, alongside performances from Egyptian musicians who will include: singer Mohamed Mohsen, known for his revolutionary music, Aly Naggar, Ahmed Nazmi, guitarist Emad Hamdy, violinist Hassan Sharara, marimba player Nesma Abdel-Aziz, Sharkiat Fathy Salama, Al-Takht Al-Arabi Ensemble, Salalem band and Eskenderella band, among others.
It has been a yearly tradition of the Cairo Opera House to contribute its share of Ramadan evenings with musical events. A number of years ago, Ramadan Evenings spanned numerous locations in Cairo, Alexandria and Damanhour, presenting a large assortment of artistic activities and musicians from various countries.
Though this year's repertoire is less abundant, it includes a few artistic gems that are sure to attract large audiences. Due to the open air theatre's limited capacity, Ahram Online recommends booking tickets in advance.
All evenings begin at 9.30pm at the open air theatre.
Please contact the Cairo Opera House's info desk for more information. Tel: (02) 27390144
- We pick, you attend: Egypt's culture picks of the week 4-11 May
- Egyptian Opera House to Host Women Musical Troupe
- Get your game on, go play Egypt! Here's a list of how to have fun in Ramadan
- Take your pick! A week of films, fairs, and fun in Egypt
- Greek geek haven: Erminia Kamel explains why 'Zorba' opens up Egypt's ballet season