Cairo Opera House's Symphony Orchestra event to feature special soloist guests
The Cairo Symphony Orchestra will give its regular Saturday concert on 11 May. The orchestra will perform works by Berlioz, Danzi, Gounod, and Massenet.
Ines Abdel Dayem will join for the evening as a flute soloist, while Mohamed Hamdy will perform on clarinet.
Ines Abdel Dayem, chairperson of the Cairo Opera House since February 2012, has not given up on her main artistic passion. As a flutist, she continues to give recitals and perform with the orchestra.
The orchestra will be conducted by Marko Ivanovic, a young Czech conductor and composer.
The Cairo Symphony Orchestra's principal conductor and artistic director during the 2012-13 season is Jiri Petrdlik, also from the Czech Republic.
Over the past months, there has been an increased presence of artists from the Czech Republic in Egypt due to a focus on the artistic sector by the country's embassy in Egypt.
Saturday 11 May at 8pm
Main Hall, Cairo Opera House, Zamalek, Cairo
- Cairo Opera House Hosts Vienna Symphony Orchestra
- egypt hosts london’s royal philharmonic orchestra for the first time in the region
- Cairo Opera Orchestra spreads Christmas cheer by singing loud for all to hear
- Opera House special: Munich Percussion and String Orchestra to perform in Egypt
- From music to arts activities, Cairo & Alexandria certainly aren't short of events this week