A slice of the Caribbean in Downtown Dubai
This weekend sees two days of music, dancing and energetic performances from the Caribbean celebrate in Downtown Dubai.
“Dubai better be ready — it will be amazing,” insists American R’n’B sensation, Jason Derulo, of Ridin’ Solo singing fame1 who will be headlining the Dubai Caribbean Carnival’s concert’s first night. Derulo will be hitting the stage along with Bieber’s BFF, Jamaican-American rapper and singer, Sean Kingston, and rapper Bow Wow2 – with the three US rap and R’n’B artists all performing at Burj Park on the evening of Thursday November 1.
Then, all day on Friday November 2, there will be a family-friendly carnival kicking off at 2pm, complete with rodeo bulls, bouncy castles and parades to keep everyone entertained. Here at we’re most excited about the food; expect stand after stand of the best Caribbean carnival snacks – you’ll find us by the jerk chicken.
Where Burj Park, Downtown|6pm-midnight, Thursday 1 and 2pm-midnight, Friday November 2| www.carnivalindubai.com
Cost Tickets for the Thursday night concerts start at Dh275 and the family carnival is Dh75 per person (children under six go free).
1. Jason is the lucky Mr Jordin Sparks, who was the winner of American Idol in 2006. The pair have hinted that they’re planning a duet, with Jason spilling, “Jordin is a phenomenal singer, so we’ll definitely be doing some
2. Bow Wow, formerly known as Lil’ Bow Wow, is the all-grown up rapper behind songs such as Puppy Love and Like You; and more recently Better, a collaboration with T-Pain.
3. We’ve also heard that there will be carnival dancers, fire eaters, jugglers, magicians and rides, all guaranteed to get the carnival spirit buzzing.
- Jason DeRulo's ready to rule in Dubai with Alicia Keys this fall
- When the Caribbean meets Downtown Dubai: Sean Kingston gears up for Carnival concert
- Kingston is in Dubai! Caribbean Carnival big names hit the UAE
- Cruise Industry Boom to Strengthen Tourism Links Between UAE and Singapore
- Explorer Launches Liveworkexplore Magazine