Dubai Jazz Fest fans will be "Dirty Dancing" with Santana one day earlier!
Carlos Santana will now play Dubai on Thursday February 20, not Friday February 21, as previously announced.
The Mexican-American guitar legend is the closing act at the Emirates Airline Dubai International Jazz Festival but the date clashed with that of the Rolling Stones, who play Abu Dhabi on February 21.
“We took this initiative solely for music enthusiasts due to a conflicting scheduled event,” said Anthony Younes, CEO of Chillout Productions, the event organisers. “We know that some won’t be happy with this decision, especially that we have been the first one to announce the dates of the festival, but we have to take action and respond to the request of thousands of Santana fans.
“Dubai Jazz Festival, since its inception, is an example for all in the entertainment industry in the UAE, which is reflected from our ever-growing database of loyal supporters coming again this year to witness the biggest edition of the Emirates Airline Dubai Jazz Festival.”
- Jamie Cullum keeps 'Momentum' going with headlinin' slot at Dubai Jazz Fest
- British heartthrob Olly Murs has nothing but Twitter love for Dubai fans
- Dubai goes A-List for February jazz fest
- Dubai Jazz Fest closing act Carlos Santana reconnects with ex-band mate
- Carlos Santana performing "Into the Night" of the Dubai Jazz Festival