Carmen Suleiman hits the books
Egyptian star Carmen Suleiman and winner of the popular talent show ‘Arab Idol’ has been forced to halt all singing performances to focus on her academic studies to makeup for the class time that she missed during her participation in ‘Arab Idol’.
According to the London based Elaph, Carmen’s father said that his daughter will not be working on any entertainment projects until she completes her high school exams. It is imperative that she make up for lost time, so that she will excel in her academic studies as she did on the show, he said. Carmen’s father also said that Carmen will not be making any public appearances or giving interviews with the media during this time.
“I promised my father that I would not let my singing career interfere with my schooling, and I intend to complete my education because it is the most powerful weapon a person has,” said Carmen. Once she completes her exams, Carmen will be allowed to think of her future projects with regard to her singing career and begin work on her first album.
- Carmen Suleiman puts down microphone to pick up books
- She's no sell-out! 'Idol' Carmen Suleiman parts with luxury Corvette
- Carmen Suleiman wins Arab Idol title
- Carmen Suleiman to Dounia Batma: "I respect myself before I respect any of my colleagues and I do not imitate anyone"
- Arab Idol's Carmen back to school