Cee Lo still set for Abu Dhabi despite rumors of sex assault
American singer-songwriter, rapper, record producer and actor, Cee Lo Green,
Click here to add Abu Dhabi as an alert
Disable alert for Abu Dhabi,
Click here to add Flash Entertainment as an alert
Disable alert for Flash Entertainment,
Click here to add Lo Green as an alert
Disable alert for Lo Green,
Click here to add Los Angeles as an alert
Disable alert for Los Angeles,
Click here to add Thomas DeCarlo Callaway as an alert
Disable alert for Thomas DeCarlo Callaway
TMZ.com on Wednesday reported that the American singer and The Voice mentor has been accused of sexual assault by a woman who filed a police report in Los Angeles.
Green is scheduled to take to the stage at Beats on the Beach and at Yas Island’s Skybar on Friday night as part of the Yasalam series of events which runs alongside the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Green - real name Thomas DeCarlo Callaway - has strongly denied any wrongdoing.
Sources for TMZ claim police have interviewed several employees and the manager at a Los Angeles restaurant in connection with the case, but it is not known if the alleged incident took place there.
The singer told the website that he has not been to the restaurant for three months, saying: “Nothing ever happened there or anywhere else.”
A friend of Green has come forward and offered support adding: “I have never seen Cee Lo act in a physical way toward anybody.”
There have yet to be any official charges filed, and the identity of the woman in question has not been revealed.
A spokesperson for Abu Dhabi-based Flash Entertainment, who is bringing the singer-songwriter to the region, said “as of today [Wednesday] all gigs are on as previously reported”.