Censors Give Green Light to ‘Zawaj Bi Qarar Jumhuri’
By Mohammed Al Baali
Albawaba.com - Cairo
The Egyptian Censors approved Monday the scenario of the movie “Zawaj Bi Qarar Jumhuri” (Marriage by a Presidential Decree) costarring Hani Ramzi and Hanan Turk. The approval has come after the director confirmed than an introduction would refer that the film’s events are fictitious.
Censors previously objected to the film script for its inclusion of an invitation by a couple to the president to attend their wedding party, which he accepts. The director, Khaled Yosef, did not intend to show the president in the film.
Akhbar Annujum magazine confirmed in its latest issue that the censors demanded the presentation of the scenario to the presidential office before it was Okayed.
In addition to Hani and Hanan, a number of artists are expected to play roles in the film including Hasan Hosni, Said Saleh, Sanaa Yunes, Suad Nassr and Abdullah Farghali.
- Director Yosef Flinches as Egyptian Censors Target ‘Zawaj Biqarar Jumhuri’
- Marriage by Presidential Decree Implemented...Finally
- Egyptian Censors Give Green Light to Film on ‘al Muhandesin Killer’
- Egyptian Censors Black Out Foreign Names for Local Films
- ‘Al Assefah’ Burns American Flag and Competes at San Francisco Festival