Cirque du Soleil's 'Dralion' finally hits Dubai
The Cirque du Soleil cast and crew have arrived in Dubai and for the highly anticipated show “Dralion” which premieres its first performance in the United Arab Emirates Wednesday night at the Dubai World Trade Center.
“Dralion,” a performance based on Eastern philosophy and the never ending quest for harmony between humans and nature, fuses the 3,000 year-old tradition of Chinese acrobatic arts with an atmosphere of enchantment.
Cirque du Soleil’s last visit to Dubai four years ago saw a cast of 500 perform the spectacular show “Alegria.” The company performed more than 80 shows over two months, this time the cast and crew will be in Dubai for 10 days.
The performance title, Dralion is derived from the dragon which symbolizes the East and the lion which symbolizes the West. It is part of Cirque du Soleil’s 12th touring production which kicked off in Canada in 1999.
The event organizer, Alchemy Project’s, managing director Mac S. Far said: “We are very excited to bring the biggest entertainment show in the world to Dubai. I advise the fans to buy the tickets as early as possible to avoid disappointment since this will be a sellout.”
Dralion has been experienced by more than seven million people worldwide and is sure to excite Cirque du Soleil fans.
- Roll up Dubai: Cirque du Soleil is back in town!
- World-Renowned Shows to Be Aired Across the Region
- World champion pizza acrobats hit Dubai!
- World-Renowned Shows to Be Aired Across the Region World-Renowned Shows to Be Aired Across the Region
- "You Rock My World"! Michael Jackson's Cirque du Soleil Dubai tour tickets on sale now