Cyrine goes from small screen sensation to movie star
Cyrine Abdel Nour made a name for herself in hit TV drama 'Ruby' but since then she's been busy getting her face on the big screen. Her latest project is a third Egyptian film, 'Katem Al Sawt' (The Silencer) in which she plays a defiant mistress, standing up to her religious lover.
Cyrine stars alongside Egyptian funny man, Mohammad Saed, who plays a young man desperate to convert his family to his religious denomination. Mohammad said he asked producers to get Cyrine on board after being impressed with her portrayal of 'Ruby' in the TV drama.
- 'Ruby' and wannabe Karim are together for Ramadan
- What a difference a month makes: Mohammad Kheidr goes from nobody to small-screen star
- Cyrine Abdel Nour talks about life after Ruby
- Iraqi filmmakers talk about their award-winning childhood-inspired movies
- Saudi success story, Mohammad al-Turki made it big in the Biz